Unknown
Well, It was a good eHarmony week. 

I actually thought I had met a nice man.  He kept me amused for a week asking questions and taking me through the communication steps.  He even called me and we spoke at length.

The next day was just texts, but I thought they were light hearted and kept progressing us forward.  Then the inevitable happened.

Why is it men are so cruel?  He wanted to meet.  He even suggested a breakfast, lunch or dinner for this weekend.  When I followed through to suggest we meet half way between our homes, he backed off and suggested another time.

*crickets*

No follow up call, no text or email.  Just silence.

So there you have it.  I was probably a test run to see how the system works.  After all, I myself was wondering how it all worked having not gotten past the first set of open responses.  I didn't think it would end so fast.

Have I crossed over into the realm of the desperate old woman trying to play a young woman's game?  That is what it feels like.  I swear if I see one more of my peers happily either in a committed relationship or "friends with benefits" I will scream.

I guess he did me a favor.  He could have strung me along and made me think I had a chance.  All I asked was that he just tell me he wasn't interested and say good bye.  When has a man ever done what I wanted?  It is just so much easier to "disappear."

I guess I will wait to see one more day if he tries to contact me again, and then close the match and delete his contact info from my phone.  Why hold on in hope.

Dating sites are just like the lottery.  You see a few people win and you think you can win too, but the odds are in the millions to one.  I'm one of those millions. 

So what do I do now?

Well, I'm obviously feeling sorry for myself.  That is a given, but I can't give in to my usual attempts to medicate with food.  I will have my pity party today, and tomorrow, pick up my life as I have always.  No man will break me. 

It was fun for a few days to feel that I might be someone that someone else wanted.  That's probably as good as it will get.  But you know, who cares?

I want me, and that is the only person that matters.
Labels: | edit post